The last of the major dance festivals this summer, the Battery Dance Festival finished its outdoor programming with a night that included Alison Cook Beatty Dance’s work Banshee’s Lamentation, Tina Croll + Company’s Ancient Springs, Mari Meade Dance Collective’s Cog, Jennifer Muller/The Works’s Flowers and Alchemy and Battery Dance’s own newest work, choreographed by Tadej Brdnik. A week that also boasted the impressive Evening of Colombian Dance, has finally finished—and with it a wonderful season of outdoor dance in New York. An impressive fall season is just ahead, so be sure to continue checking out the best dance shows in New York!
You might also like
- Get swept away with our sneak peek of Judith Jamison's A Case of You
- Miguel Gutierrez reflects on his three-part Age & Beauty series
- Check out our photos of contemporary performance Exodus at Alvin Ailey
- Check out shots of the Mark Morris Dance Group
- Take a look at Jaamil Olawale Kosoko's daring new performance #negrophobia