This Americanized, upscale take on the traditional Russian bathhouses that dot the borough just might be worthy of the Kings County name. In addition to a tricked-out wet room, the 10,000-square-foot space, designed by Great Jones Spa mastermind Donna Creagh, houses a restaurant and bar and nine treatment rooms.
|Venue name:||Body by Brooklyn|
275 Park Ave
|Cross street:||at Washington Ave|
|Transport:||Subway: G to Clinton–Washington Aves|
|Do you own this business?|
Average User Rating
2.3 / 5
- 5 star:1
- 4 star:0
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:2
I had a couple of friends visiting from out of town, so booked an aromatherapy massage and facial at Body by Brooklyn to treat them. We were very disappointed by our experience with Body by Brooklyn:
- Draping technique of the staff members is very poor, such that throughout the massage and facial we were constantly concerned about being exposed; this did not produce a relaxing experience;
- There were very few towels available in the changeroom, and those that were available were stained, holey, thin and scratchy;
- Service at the front desk was extremely poor; when I left the changeroom in my robe to request a towel at the front desk, I was briskly told to go wait for one in the changeroom. Such towel never did materialize;
- Inexplicably, the Russian sauna had what appeared to be leaves strewn about the floor and seats;
- We avoided the whirlpools which appeared dirty and poorly maintained;
- Equipment of some sort was visible and taking up room at one end of the wetbar;
- Shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the showers were mislabeled or empty; and
- Generally staff was unavailable in the wet and dry bar areas to assist with needs.
The quality of service, facilities and amenities was on par with a spa that should have cost a third of the price we paid. I will never be attending Body by Brooklyn again, and will strongly advise against others attending.
I had a wonderful experience. From the front desk, to the bar, to the wonderfully relaxing wet area. My favorite was the turkish steam room. I had one of the best massages I have ever had, and cant wait for the next appointment I already booked for next month.
this place was so nice until i found out that the therapist KEVIN ZEH HAS NO THERAPY LICENSE! AND HAS BEEN REPORTED BEFORE ABOUT TOUCHING WOMEN INAPPROPRIATE IF U FEEL THIS MAN HAS WRONG U PLEASE CONTACT HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO REPORT THIS PLACE!