The Liberty Science Center, which was totally refurbished in 2007 succeeds beautifully in its stated aim to reinvent the science-museum-going experience. An interactive, heat-sensitive "cave painting" allows tykes to add their handprints to the mural like real Cro-Mags. Then there's the giant blue nose that sneezes spray at visitors. And let's not forget the I-beam, suspended 18 feet in the air, which lets kids "walk the steel" just like a construction worker building a skyscraper (with a safety harness, of course).
Liberty Science Center
Time Out says
- 222 Jersey City Blvd
- Jersey City
- Cross street:
- between Philip and Wilson Sts
- View Website
- Subway: Travel: PATH to Exchange Pl or Pavonia/Newport, then transfer to the Hudson-Bergen light rail to Liberty State Park
- $15.75, seniors and children ages 2–12 $11.50, children under 2 free. See the center’s website for IMAX and combination tickets.
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 9am–4pm; Sat, Sun 9am–5:30pm.
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video