Located in a building originally constructed to house the now defunct Huntington Hartford Gallery of Modern Art, the Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) features cutting edge examples of ceramics, furniture design, fiber art and metalsmithing, all involving “processes ranging from the artisanal to the digital,“ as its mission statement put its. As a result, MAD often mounts some of the liveliest shows of contemporary art around. Packed with amazing things to look at, MAD is definitely worth a visit.
The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD)
Time Out says
- 2 Columbus Circle
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Broadway and Eight Ave
- Subway: A, C, B, D, 1 to 59th St–Columbus Circle
- $16 seniors $14, students $12, Thu 6–9pm, pay-what-you-wish
- Opening hours:
- Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun 10am–6 pm; Thu 10am–9pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video