Al Martin, the longtime owner of both the New York Comedy Club and Broadway Comedy Club, follows the same basic tenets of those ventures in his new room—an intimate basement space below an Indian restaurant. Though a few pillars in the 60-seat venue interfere with sight lines, the pub grub, extensive cocktail selection and long list of stars who just might do a spot while passing through town are drawing crowds every night.
Greenwich Village Comedy Club
Time Out says
- 99 MacDougal St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Bleecker St and Minetta Ln
- Subway: A, C, E, B, D, F, M to W 4th St
- $15–$20 plus two-drink minimum.
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu, Sun 9:30pm; Fri 9, 11:30pm; Sat 8:15, 10:30pm, 12:30am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video