And we always thought he was such a nice boy.… Seriously though, one of the things that was so striking about Jack ’n’ Meg White back in ye olde days of the White Stripes was that the pair seemed to behave with the kind of old-fashioned good manners rarely seen in the pop world. But on Saturday, White sparked outrage when he left the stage at Radio City after playing for less than an hour. Earlier in the show, he'd complained about the audience's lukewarm response, saying: "Jesus Christ, is this an NPR convention?" But then later, he asked the audience to quiet down because he couldn't hear himself think. What surprises us the most, however, is that he returned to Radio City on Sunday night to play his second show, no questions asked. TONY snapper Virginia Rollison was there, poised with camera.
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of concerts in NYC
You might also like
- Sky Ferreira concert photos: Live at Webster Hall
- The Eagles concert photos: Live at Madison Square Garden
- Made in America Festival 2013: Our 100 favorite photos (slide show)
- Firefly Festival 2013: Our 100 favorite photos from the East Coast music fest (slide show)
- Newport Folk Festival 2012 at Fort Adams State Park: Live photos (slide show)