Kicking off the 34th annual season of Celebrate Brooklyn!, reggae legend Jimmy Cliff ventured across the East River to perform in Prospect Park on Tuesday. This year marks the 50th anniversary of Jamaican independence—and what better way to celebrate than an evening spiced with Mr. Cliff’s famed island rhythms? Wasting no time, Cliff opened his set with 1972 crowd-pleaser “You Can Get It if You Really Want It.” He threw in a twist, following the summertime anthem with his cover of Rancid’s “Ruby Soho,” as featured on Sacred Fire, a new EP produced by Rancid frontman Tim Armstrong. TONY photographer wagz2it captured the outdoor extravaganza.
RECOMMENDED: Complete guide to Celebrate Brooklyn!
You might also like
- NYC metal mainstay Prong delivers the goods with a crushing new LP
- Counting Crows at Williamsburg Park: Live Photos (SLIDE SHOW)
- Wild Flag at Celebrate Brooklyn!: Live photos (SLIDE SHOW)
- SXSW music photos and review: Sharon Van Etten, Alabama Shakes, Fiona Apple and more
- Kelly Clarkson and the Fray at Nikon Jones Beach Theater: Live photos (SLIDE SHOW)