Despite a heartbreakingly quiet speaker decibel, M83 dazzled in the open air at Central Park's Summerstage Wednesday night. The set list pleased both longtime fans and recent converts, drawing from last year's rightfully lauded Hurry Up, We're Dreaming as well as from the band's gold-filled catalogue, which spans 11 years. Though the sold-out crowd was generally talkative and distracted, appearing more captivated by their smartphones than anything else, an exceptionally sexy rendition of "Midnight City" (damn, that sax sounded good live!) and the standout encore track "Outro"—complete with string section—succeeded in fully captivating the audience. TONY photographer Loren Wohl was there to snap the action.
RECOMMENDED: Check out our full guide to Central Park SummerStage
You might also like
- Kate Nash concert photos: Live at Terminal 5
- Best cardigans and sweaters for men fall 2013: Casual and trendy tops
- My style guide to NYC: Carole Sabas, author of The Fashion Insiders’ Guide to New York
- SXSW music review & photos: We Are Augustines, White Rabbits, Poliça and more
- SXSW 2013 day three: Concert photos, highlights and more