The Blues series on PBS may have helped fill the seats, but the classic eight-bar has been the star of this unadorned, laid-back place all along. Both local musicians and marquee names play, including Little Milton, Edgar Winter, Johnny “Clyde” Copeland and the Holmes Brothers; bigger names draw a bigger cover charge, which is never too stiff. For stiff, there’s an extensive bourbon and Scotch collection, including Lagavulin and Bunnahabhain.
Time Out says
- 149 Bleecker St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between La Guardia Pl and Thompson St
- Subway: A, C, E, B, D, F, M to W 4th St
- Cover: $10–$25. Average drink: $6. AmEx, DC, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Sun–Thu 6:30pm–2:30am, Fri 6:30pm–3:30am, Sat 6pm–3:30am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video