New York restaurant-scene darling Michael White expands his budding empire with this Italian-Mediterranean restaurant, inside the swank Langham New York hotel. For his fifth venture, White has assembled an all-star team that includes barkeep Eben Freeman (Tailor) on beverage duty, Chris Jaeckle (late of Morimoto) in the kitchen and Robert Truitt (Corton) manning the pastry station. A dark-wood dining room overlooking Fifth Avenue is the setting for savory fare like gnocchi with sage butter, mild boschetto cheese and a red-wine jus; and potato, leek and chard agnolotti bathed in ragù and watercress pesto.
Time Out says
- Langham Place Hotel
- 400 Fifth Ave
- New York
- Cross street:
- between 36th and 37th Sts
- View Website
- Subway: B, D, F, M, N, Q, R to 34th St–Herald Sq
- Four course prix fixe: $79. AmEx, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu 7–10:30am, 11:45am–2:30pm, 5:30–10:30pm; Fri 7–10:30am, 11:45am–2:30pm, 5:30–11pm; Sat 8am–3pm, 5–11pm; Sun 8am–3pm, 5:30–10:30pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video