This box-size boulangerie—attached to the iconic Balthazar bistro—does a roaring trade with locals and tourists alike. Its flaky croissants, heavenly pastries and sturdy loaves are deployed as a mark of quality at cafés and restaurants around the city. Look out for the beloved levain, sticky dried-fruit focaccias and a raspberry studded caramel-chocolate tart.
Time Out says
- 80 Spring St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Broadway and Crosby St
- Subway: N, R to Prince St; 6 to Spring St
- Average croissant: $3. AmEx, DC, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 7:30am–8pm; Sat, Sun 8am–8pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video