The portions might be small at this quaint Fort Greene Ethiopian spot, hung with exotic African art, but they’re not short on flavor. Bati’s intensely spiced dishes, served on the communal injera (a spongy crêpelike bread) and tempered with sips of sweet honey wine, include the earthy lentil stew missir wett, savory beef tartare and spicy chicken stew (doro wett). Vegetarians, take note: Nearly half the menu is meat-free. Just come prepared to eat it with your hands.
Time Out says
- 747 Fulton St
- Cross street:
- between South Elliott Pl and South Portland Ave
- Subway: C to Lafayette Ave; G to Fulton St; B, Q, R to DeKalb Ave
- Average main course: $14. MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri 5–11pm; Sat 1–11pm; Sun 1–10pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video