Alain Ducasse’s classic brasserie attempts to reclaim 55th Street’s former Francophile row. Come for successful, seasonality-snubbing relics like a cassoulet packed with hearty meat (pork loin, garlic sausage, duck confit) under a canopy of white beans. Amid all this old-world extravagance, it’s surprising that our favorite item was also the cheapest: an egg with airy mayonnaise, sea salt, and a single leaf of dressed romaine and toast.
Time Out says
- 60 W 55th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Fifth and Sixth Aves
- View Website
- Subway: E, M to Fifth Ave–53rd St; F to 57th St
- Average main course: $26. AmEx
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 7:30–10am, 11:45am–2:30pm, 5:30–11pm; Sat 11:45am–2:30pm, 5:30–11pm; Sun 11:30am–3pm, 5:30–11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video