The owners of Bar Henry moved to Queens with this 40-seat Mexican eatery, specializing in the regional cuisine of Cintalapa, Chiapas. Brothers Cosme and Luis Aguilar, the chef and GM respectively, pay homage to their late mother with traditional plates, including some based on her recipes, such as chicken mole and cochinito chiapaneco (guajillo-marinated baby pork ribs). The sleek, gleaming white-painted spot features a garden out back and works from Queens artists.
Time Out says
- 5-48 49th Ave
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Vernon Blvd and 5th St
- View Website
- Subway: G to 21st St, 7 to Vernon Blvd–Jackson Ave
- Average main course: $20. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 5–11pm; Sat, Sun 11am–3:30pm, 5-11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video