Take a step back in time at this burlesque lounge and supperclub in the East Village, which shares its space with Bowery Poetry Club (readings are held on Sunday and Monday nights). Shows range from classic burlesque to jazz and vaudevillian acts to acrobatics and magic, while the the Southern-inflected menu showcases classics like shrimp and grits and pan-roasted monkfish. Dramatic and decadent surroundings like ornate crystal chandeliers, Corinthian-topped columns and a sweeping staircase will make you feel like one of New York's elite from a bygone era.
Time Out says
- 308 Bowery
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Bleecker and E Houston Sts
- Subway: F to Lower East Side–Second Ave, 6 to Astor Pl
- Average main course: $25. AmEx, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Tue 6pm–midnight; Wed, Thu 6pm–1am; Fri, Sat 7pm–3am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video