Houston Street can feel like a no-man’s land, and this solid (if unspectacular) restaurant would likely benefit from a change of address. At its current location, formal waiters peddle tender fried calamari and creamy mozzarella with roasted red peppers to hardly a peep of fanfare. Middle-aged, Sinatra-loving regulars dine on well-balanced veal saltimbocca and skillfully blended fettuccine or rigatoni bolognese. In a private dining room, the owner hosts buddies like Denzel Washington, Lenny Kravitz and Russell Crowe.
Time Out says
- 55 E Houston St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Mott and Mulberry Sts
- Subway: B, D, F, V to Broadway–Lafayette St; 6 to Bleecker St
- Average main course: $16. AmEx, DC, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri noon–11pm; Sat 4pm–midnight; Sun 4–11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video