Keith McNally protégé Dean Jankelowitz (Schiller's, Pastis, Balthazar) is behind this morning-to-evening café. The 40-seat restaurant—sporting dark-green leather banquettes, brass railings and marble counters—serves homey fare, like Jankelowitz's grandmother's matzo ball soup made with duck fat, a skirt steak sandwich served alongside hand-cut fries, and piri-piri-hot-sauce-marinated chicken kebabs. In the morning, find Stumptown coffee, homemade croissants and full breakfast plates, including soft-boiled eggs with challah "soldiers" (strips).
Jack’s Wife Freda
Time Out says
- 224 Lafayette St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Kenmare and Spring Sts
- Subway: 4, 6 to Spring St; N, R to Prince St; J to Bowery
- Average main course: $23. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Sat 8:30am–midnight, Sun 8:30am–10pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video