The dining room’s old-world details are gorgeous, and the service is welcoming. The kitchen produces some quirky creations: A tart lemon sauce complements savory foie gras; a thin bed of lasagna supports a colorful medley of shrimp, asparagus, sweet peppers and fresh sage; but fruity duck à l’orange and garlicky prune gnocchi were an odd couple. Dishes win points for artistic presentation and imaginative combinations, but the ingredients rarely added up to more than the sum of their parts. A fluffy chocolate soufflé and an inspired tarte Tatin stuck to tradition with fantastic results.
Time Out says
- 204 E 85th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Second and Third Aves
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St
- Average main course: $19. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri noon–3pm, 5:30–11pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5:30pm–midnight; Sat 11:30am–4pm, 5:30pm–midnight; Sun 11:30am–4pm, 5:30–11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video