Long-running Joe Allen remains a unique Broadway experience (even if there are branches in London, Paris, Miami Beach and Ogunquit, Maine). Go before or after the theater and you’re bound to see any number of familiar New York showbiz faces. (Al Pacino, Rosie O’Donnell and Liam Neeson have been known to hang here.) The menu offers better-than-average club grub, including steak (frites and tartare), cheese burgers and large salads. Although surrounded by posters of major Broadway flops, regulars always have their fingers crossed for the latest crop of shows.
Time Out says
- 326 W 46th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Eighth and Ninth Aves
- View Website
- Subway: A, C, E to 42nd St–Port Authority
- Average main course: $22. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon, Tue, Thu noon–11:45pm; Wed 11:30am–11:45pm; Fri noon–midnight; Sat 11:30am–midnight; Sun 11:30am–11:45pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video