La Caye brings authentic Haitian cuisine to the heart of Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Its signature flavors hailing from lime, tomato, thyme and habañero, Haitian cuisine is flavorful, aromatic and healthy.
|Venue name:||La Caye||Contact:|
35 Lafayette Ave
|Price:||$30 and under|
|Do you own this business?|
Average User Rating
3.5 / 5
- 5 star:0
- 4 star:1
- 3 star:1
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Had a solo dinner here. It was my first time at La Caye and I was anticipating an exciting experience after hearing so many good reviews. As a Haitian American, who grew up eating Haitian food everyday, the food was just OK
- I was able to walk in with no waits.
- The decorum is inviting, yet subtle.
- The Sangria was delicious.
- The pikliz (spicy pickled cabbage/carrots) is delicious and helped pop the flavors of the red snapper a bit.
- The side of green plantains was fried perfectly, not too dry or oily.
- The service was excellent.
-The black mushroom rice was a little bland and not as hearty as it typically can be.
-The Red Snapper's sauce was also a bit bland considering it was garnished with peppers/onions.
- Overall the food took a long time to be delivered.
I'll quite possibly come here again to try their brunch and soups options.
http://foodlifewmg.com/2014/07/15/la-caye-restaurant-bar/ The service and owner are friendly, the atmosphere is cozy featuring some visually appealing artwork/decor and an outdoor garden. I’ve had the pleasure of sampling half the dinner menu thus far est sont tres délicieux! My ultimate favorite is Award Winning Lanbi Boukannen (grilled conch).