Nodding to nearby Gowanus Canal, this New England–style seafood joint (funded in part by a Kickstarter campaign) sports a nautical look, featuring a salvaged ship portal and an eight-foot piece of driftwood draped with thick ropes. Chef Alan Harding (Patois, Gowanus Yacht Club) dishes out a short menu of Northeast clam-shack grub, including an Ipswich clam roll and a Maine-style lobster roll, plus raw-bar plates. Eight tap lines dispense seasonal brews at the zinc-topped bar.
Time Out says
- 288 Third Ave
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Carroll and President Sts
- View Website
- Subway: F, G to Carroll St; R to Union St
- Average main course: $16. AmEx, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Wed, Sun 4–11pm, Thu–Sat 4pm–1am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video