Given the constraints of this restaurant’s tiny kitchen, chef Tyler Kord’s cuisine—a jumble of Korean and Eastern European flavors—is impressively bold. An unforgettable starter of crisp broccoli tempura was served with black-bean puree and a vinegary, citrus-spiked salad. A hanger steak entrée featured pink slices of beef and toothsome kimchi-stuffed pierogi. For dessert, banana pudding is elevated with the addition of miso. Such inventive plates could quickly promote No. 7 from local canteen to destination eatery.
Time Out says
- 7 Greene Ave
- Cross street:
- between Cumberland and Fulton Sts
- Subway: C to Lafayette Ave; C, G to Clinton–Washington Aves
- Average main course: $17. MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Tue–Sat 6pm–2am; Sun 11am–4pm, 5:30pm–1am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video