Opened in 1868 as a dockworkers’ chophouse, this clubby establishment draws a laid-back New York crowd (Meat Packing’s glamazons need not apply). But even finicky eaters would be impressed by starters such as a tender-as-sashimi seared yellowfin tuna, and by ever-fresh raw bar selections. Still, folks come here for the beef. Spring for the flavorful strip steak, or a well-seasoned prime rib or 40-day dry-aged steak for two. Any way you carve it, this steakhouse stalwart stands the test of time.
Old Homestead Steakhouse
Time Out says
- 56 Ninth Ave
- New York
- Cross street:
- between 14th and 15th Sts
- Subway: A, C, E to 14th St; L to Eighth Ave
- Average main course: $45. AmEx, DC, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu noon–10:45pm; Fri noon–11:45pm; Sat 1–11:45pm; Sun 1–9:45pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video