Amid the swank food sanctums sprouting around Park Avenue South, this classic tavern remains a shrine to unchanging values. Most old-time Old-Towners go for the much-praised burger, which we found in need of a little salt. For lightweights, there’s a smattering of salads and other sandwiches. Some things, however, do change. Bloomberg’s antismoking legislation has made the once befogged booths and long mahogany bar strangely haze-free.
Old Town Bar & Grill
Time Out says
- 45 E 18th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Broadway and Park Ave South
- Subway: L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St–Union Sq
- Average main course: $8. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 11:30am–11:30pm; Sat noon–11:30pm; Sun 3–10pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video