Brokers’ fresh-pressed shirts and shiny leather shoes rule at this downtown alehouse, located on a quaint cobblestone block in the Financial District. After the markets close, the weathered wood floors get further scuffed by martini sippers and Coors Light chuggers, whose boisterous gabbing competes with a circa-1996 soundtrack (hello, Cranberries!). Later on, the bar evolves into a serene spot to grab a pint or lofty pub eats like Parmesan-crusted fries and a beer-battered grouper sandwich with tartar sauce.
Stone Street Tavern
Time Out says
- 52 Stone St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Coenties Alley and William St
- Subway: J, M, Z to Broad St; 2, 3 to Wall St
- Average drink: $8. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 11:30am–10:30pm; Sat, Sun 11am–2:30am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video