Good looks aren’t everything, but they’re serious business here, where tables overlook the MoMA’s sculpture garden and diners carve their meat with Porsche steak knives. The pre-fixe menus are as carefully curated as any museum show, from a vibrant opening bite of asparagus tart to a bright green pistachio macaroon petit-four. While servers attend to every detail, Alsatian chef Gabriel Kreuther sends out dish after gorgeous dish: an immaculate cube of warm watermelon topped with tomato confit or a rosy duck breast carved tableside. Other than a few disjointed dishes (a golden potato “gateau” holds a clunky mix of sweetbread chunks and rock shrimp), the menu is inspired and tasty. Get an early reservation so you can look out at the garden while the sun’s still out.
Time Out says
- 9 W 53rd St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Fifth and Sixth Aves
- Subway: E, V to Fifth Ave–53rd St
- Four-course prix fixe dinner: $158. Eight-course prix fixe dinner: $208. AmEx, DC, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu 11:30am–10:30pm; Fri, Sat 11:30am–11pm; Sun 11:30am–9:30pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video