This friendly, unassuming restaurant boasts an impeccable pedigree: It's a collaborative effort from Craig Samuel (City Hall) and Ben Grossman (Picholine). Seating is comfy and simple—bare wooden tables indoors and on a glass-enclosed porch. Most meats are dry-rubbed and all are served alongside a pair of sauces (Jointsmoke and Hollapeno). The short ribs and pulled pork sandwich are both standouts. For a simple yet seductive surprise, try the iceberg wedge served with chunky blue-cheese dressing; it'll tempt you to lick the plate—really.
The Smoke Joint
Time Out says
- 87 South Elliott Pl
- Cross street:
- between Fulton St and Lafayette Ave
- View Website
- Subway: C to Lafayette Ave; G to Fulton St; B, M, Q, R to DeKalb Ave
- Average main course: $13. AmEx, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu, Sun noon–10pm; Fri, Sat 11am–11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video