The 31st annual Mermaid Parade brought droves of body-painted, scantily clad mermen and women to Coney Island on Saturday, June 22. Thanks to a successful crowd-funding campaign, nonprofit Coney Island USA was able to continue the yearly bash, in spite of the beating the neighborhood took from Hurricane Sandy. King and queen honors went to comedian Judah Friedlander and journalist/Real Housewife of NYC Carole Radziwill.
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of the Coney Island Mermaid Parade
You might also like
- Hallowmeme brings the Internet to the Bell House (slide show)
- The Queens Museum will reopen on November 9 (slide show)
- Tiny Kitchen Recipes: Fish-sauce chicken wings from Pok Pok
- Five insanely expensive rental listings in NYC right now (slide show)
- Coldplay concert photos: Live at the Beacon Theatre