NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Time Out Win the Ultimate New York Life Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age and older and who are physically located and reside in the United States at time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members (whether related or not), of Time Out America, LLC (”Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions advertising and promotion agencies and prize partners are not eligible to enter. The contestants must have no criminal record or history of landlord-tenant lawsuits. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. US law governs this Contest. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Contest is void where prohibited. There is no monetary fee to enter or participate in this Contest, nor is any purchase necessary.
2. CONTEST TIMING: The Contest begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on September 29, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on November 9, 2015 (the “Contest Period”), and is subject to further timing as described below.
3. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest invites Eligible Participants to submit a sample blog post in order to be considered. The Contest will consist of four (4) Phases: During Phase 1, which will run from 10:00 AM ET on September 29, 2015 through 11:59:59 PM ET on October 18, 2015 (“Entry Period”), Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to submit a blog post about city living in their respective city for consideration in the Contest. During Phase 2, which will run from 12:00 AM ET on October 19, 2015 through 11:59:59 PM ET on October 25, 2015 (“Scoring Period”), each Entry will be scored by a panel of judges at Time Out America and the fifteen (15) top-scoring entries (“Finalists”) will move on to Phase 3. Fifteen (15) top-scoring entries will be declared Finalists (each such person a “Finalist”). During Phase 3, which will run from 9:00 AM ET on October 26, 2015 through 11:59:59 PM ET on November 9, 2015 (“Community Voting Period”), the fifteen (15) Finalists will have their Entry displayed online and members of the online community will be given the opportunity to vote for the Finalist of their choice. During Phase 4, which will occur on or about November 10, 2015, the results of the Community Voting Period will be tabulated by the Sponsor. The Finalist with the highest number of votes will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner, subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about November 10, 2015 in accordance with the terms set forth in Section 7 below.
4. PHASE 1 - HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, Eligible Participants must go timeout.com/newyork (the "Website") and do all of the following during the Entry Period: (1) Complete and submit the Contest entry form by providing the information required. Eligible Participants must acknowledge that they have read and agree to the Official Rules by checking the box that appears on the entry form. (2) Using the submission form entrants must submit a sample blog post. Eligible Participant’s Entry must be in the English language. All components of each entry must be submitted online in accordance with these Official Rules and received by 11:59:59 PM ET on October 18, 2015 in order to be eligible. The Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. There is a limit of one Entry per person. Each Entry must be unique in content. The Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor and the Contest judges in their sole discretion. Submission must be of good quality, unpublished and may not have previously won any prize or award. Each Contest entrant must either (i) be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights) in and to all content and elements incorporated into or used in the Entry; or (ii) have the express written permission to use such content and elements from the owner(s) of the rights to such content and elements. Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains content or elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to proprietary names, trademarks, or logos) must be able to provide written legal releases (in a form that is satisfactory to Sponsor and the judges) that permit the entrant to use and exploit such content and elements in the manner used and exploited and that permit Sponsor’s right to use and exploit the content and materials in accordance with these Official Rules (“IP Releases”) before eligible to be declared a Finalist.
By submitting a sample blog post, a participant hereby acknowledges that they own or have secured all rights to use, publish and copyright the post. Use of Sponsor’s logo or any intellectual property owned by Sponsor in Entry is prohibited.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO REMOVE ANY ENTRY POSTED TO THE WEBSITE THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOODWILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST. IF ENTRY IS REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE BY SPONSOR, ENTRY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE ONLINE COMMUNITY VOTING SITE DESCRIBED BELOW.
Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Entries. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the Entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the Entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor anticipates that there will be approximately __ Entries, but cannot guarantee that there will not be significantly more or significantly less than such number.
5. PHASE 2 – SCORING PERIOD: During the Voting Period, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of expert judges at Time Out based on the following criteria: (i) Originality – 25%; (ii) Clarity of Expression – 25%; (iii) Congeniality – 25%; (iv) Appropriateness to Contest Theme described in Section 4 Above – 25%. Judging will be performed by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The fifteen (15) top-scoring entries (“Finalists”) will be declared Finalists and will move on to Phase 3. Becoming a Finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the criteria listed above. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Finalists will be determined on or about October 25, 2015.
6. PHASE 3 – COMMUNITY VOTING PERIOD: Entries for the fifteen (15) Finalists will appear on the Contest voting site (“Community Voting Site”) accessible at timeout.com/newyork during the Community Voting Period. All such Entries shall appear on the Community Voting Site for the same duration of time. During the Community Voting Period, members of the online community (including Finalists) may vote for the Finalist of their choice using the following judging criteria: (i) Originality – 25%; (ii) Clarity of Expression – 25%; (iii) Congeniality – 25%; (iv) Appropriateness to Contest Theme – 25. The Entry of each Finalist, as-is or as may be edited by Sponsor, will be posted and made publicly available on the Community Voting Site. Votes may only be submitted online. Entrants are forbidden from utilizing vote aggregators, vote exchange pages, or other third-party methods of soliciting votes for Entries. All votes must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on November 9, 2015 in order to be valid.
7. PHASE 4 – WINNER DETERMINATION & NOTIFICATION: The results of the Community Voting Period will be tabulated on or about November 10, 2015. The Finalist whose entry receives the highest number of votes will be determined the potential Grand Prize winner. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about November 10, 2015 by email and/or telephone using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where legal, a publicity release and a federal and state tax release and return same, properly executed, within 48 hours via fax and within five (5) days of issuance of notification via regular U.S. Mail. Failure to return any or all documents fully-executed within the specified time period, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and a runner-up may be selected. The Grand Prize winner must also indemnify Sponsor for a breach of any obligations, or from and against damages arising out of the inaccuracy of any of Grand Prize winner’s representations, contained in these Official Rules. The Grand Prize winner shall also indemnify Sponsor for any damages arising out of the Grand Prize winner’s use and occupancy of the premises being awarded as set forth in Section 8 below. In the event of a tie, the entries involved in a tie will be reviewed by an additional judge appointed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, who will serve as a tie-breaker and who will evaluate the tied entries according to the judging criteria listed above. If an entrant changes his/her telephone number and/or email address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by postal mailing notice to Sponsor’s address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Entry Period.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: The Ultimate New York Life, which includes roundtrip airfare from the winner’s city to New York, six (6) months rent in New York City, stipend from Time Out New York for six (6) months and other perks, events as they may arise. Prize must be used from December 1, 2015–May 30, 2016. Approximate retail value: $50,000. subject to availability. Winner will receive housing in a one-bedroom apartment (approx. 700 square feet) at 235 W 48th St, New York, NY. Apartment is valued at approximately $24,000 for the six month time period. No pets are allowed in the apartment unless authorized by the landlord, renter's insurance will be required at tenant's expense and 80% of the floor space must be covered by the winner; occupancy is pursuant to a sublease agreement. Prize will be awarded “as is” (see descriptions above); no cash alternatives will be given. If any part of the prize package is unable to be awarded as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. If for any reason winners are unable to use prizes within the time specified, the participating organizations are not responsible for providing replacement prizes. No makeup goods will be given in the event of a canceled or rescheduled event.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
9. GRANT OF LICENSE: By entering the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Contest, entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the Entry into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish the Entry and to use the Entry for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrant as the creator or author of Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
By submitting a Contest Entry, Contest entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Contest Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Contest Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Contest Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Contest Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Contest Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Contest Entry or other works used by Sponsor. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Contest Entry to be posted on timeout.com/newyork or other websites. Contest Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each entrant represents and warrants that: 1) he/she is the original author and creator of the Entry and that the Entry complies with these Official Rules; 2) the Entry is original, has not been previously published and has not previously won any award or Contest; 3) the Entry does not and will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; 4) that the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; 5) the Entry is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contain illegal content, or otherwise objectionable; 6) the Entry does not encourage a criminal offense or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; 7) the Entry does not display any logos or trademarks not owned by the Entrant; 8) the Entry does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or any 3rd Party. Entrant acknowledges that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS TIME OUT AMERICA, LLC AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND PRIZE PARTNERS, INCLUDING CHELSEA PIERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR'S WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged or stolen entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, vote, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials or votes that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Time Out America, LLC, 475 Tenth Ave, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
© Copyright 2015 Time Out America, LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.