Under the Banyan Tree
Fancy the classics the whole brood can enjoy? The National Museum of Singapore’s Under the Banyan Tree programme is where it’s at. The museum sets up a huge screen on its front lawn every now and then, showing such iconic movies as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Doctor Zhivago to a crowd of families, couples and hipsters alike.
This one’s massive. Six to eight hundred people kind of massive. MovieMob throws back to the days of drive-ins, taking over parking lots and setting up screens for people to catch Hollywood fare from the comfort of their cars. It also organises screenings at parks and malls – so those without four wheels, don’t fret.
Millenia Walk. Sep 26 & Oct 23, 8pm. See www.moviemob.sg for details.
You might also like
- Contest: win a pair of tickets to a preview screening of ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to the movie preview of 'Moonlight'
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to the movie preview of ‘Colossal’
- St Jerome's Laneway Festival: Things to bring
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to the movie preview of ‘Sleepless’