The title of 'the oldest bridge in Singapore that exists in its original form' is none other than Cavenagh Bridge. The city's only suspension bridge links the Civic District on the northern bank to the Commercial District on the southern bank of the Singapore River. Built in 1869, it was originally named Edinburgh Bridge after the Duke of Edinburgh’s visit. But it later became Cavenagh when it was named after the last India-appointed Governor of the Straits Settlement, Sir Orfeur Cavenagh. The Cavenagh coat of arms and original signages still stand at each end of the bridge that's still used by pedestrians. Based on the vintage police notices that are still up, no vehicles – even cattle and horses – are allowed to cross to this date.