Built from 1929 to 1931 by the architectural firm of Swan and Maclaren (Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel, National Library), this Art Deco building was patterned after Europe's railway stations and connected passengers from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. The 72-foot high vault ceiling and imposing war murals were considered grand at the time. It was declared Singapore's 64th national monument in April 2011, two months before railways operations was scheduled to end.
|Venue name:||Tanjong Pagar Railway Station||Contact:|
30 Keppel Rd