Summer is officially over. But when you find out how much great stuff is going on across the country in the new issue of Time Out Switzerland, you’ll be a converted autumn fanatic and won’t even remember what summer looked like.
The new issue is out right now and here’s a taster of what you can find buried within its pages. We’ve got great news about why Switzerland is the best city in the world for expats to live and work (clue: it’s awesome), and a comprehensive collection of amazing things to light up your autumn – from stargazing to boat trips to cutting-edge exhibitions. You will not be bored this autumn.
And if you’re looking to make the most of the weather before winter hits, we’ve got the low-down on some incredible hiking routes through Aletsch Arena, plus family friendly walks near Zurich that even the kids will enjoy.
Hungry? Thirsty? We’ve got you covered. Veganism is more popular in Switzerland than ever, so we sought out the best places to eat great vegan food around Geneva (and beyond), whatever your dietary preferences, plus other foodie hotspots and a look at the best romantic bars for you to get cosy with your beloved this autumn.
We’ve also got all the info you’ll need on the essential music, festivals, art, culture and film picks from around the country (including the latest cinema releases), plus our expert’s selection of the finest elegant accessories to ensure you look your best for the season ahead.
Thinking of getting away from it all for autumn? Our travel section is just the ticket. If you want to keep it local-ish, we look at days out in Lucerne, stays in St Moritz and gorgeous gourmet getaways at three fabulous hotels to treat yourself. Or if you didn’t quite top-up your tan this summer, take a peek at our tips for Dubai and Mallorca for some guaranteed sunshine.
And there’s much more besides. So pick up a copy today and get your Swiss autumn sorted, once and for all.
The magazine is available across Switzerland from a range of distributors – some of which are listed below. A full list of pickup points will be available soon. For more information and details of our subscription service, please email: email@example.com. If you are a business owner and would like copies of Time Out sent to your staff, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you just want to get hold of a copy drop us a line and we will sort it out for you.
Time Out Switzerland local distributors
- Orell Füssli English book departments in Zurich (Stadelhofen, Kramhof, Oerlikon and Bellevue), Bern (Bern rail station, Staufaccher and Spitalgasse) and Basel
- Zurich, Geneva and Basel airports
- All Boreal Coffee Shop branches in Zurich and Geneva
- Fork and Bottle, Zurich
- All British Swiss Chamber of Commerce events across Switzerland
- The British Embassy in Bern – Info here
- Hotel Helvetia, Zurich
- Oliver Twist Pub, Zurich
- All Mr Pickwick pubs in Baden, Basel, Bern, Zug, Lucerne and Zurich
- Simply Theatre Academy, Versoix – Info here
- Crazy Wolf, Lausanne
- The Bite, Zurich
- Payot English language department bookshops, Geneva and Lausanne
- Jim’s British Market, Gland
- The British Cheese Centre, Zurich
- Geneva English School – Info here
- Hull’s School, Zurich – Info here
- International School of Lausanne – Info here
- Septième Étage, Geneva
- Forever Beauty, Lausanne and Geneva
- The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) – Info here
- Hamburger Foundation, Geneva
- Brassiere de Montbenon, Lausanne
- Landquart Fashion Outlet, Graubünden
- Lola Fred yoga - Zurich
- La Grenette cafe - Lausanne
- 2B For Hair
- Black Tap
- Brasserie de Montbenon
- Storchen Hotel
La Grenette – Lausanne
Street Kitchen Cafe – Lausanne