Now that you've mastered sourdough bread and dalgona coffee, it's time to level up your kitchen skills and learn how to roll your own sushi at home. Lucky for us, renowned Chicago sushi chef Naoki Nakashima is here to walk you through it with a virtual cooking class hosted live on Shaw's Crab House's Facebook page on Wednesday, April 22 at 6pm.
Nakashima was the culinary genius behind Lettuce Entertain You's Naoki before the restaurant quietly shuttered late last year. The beloved sushi den is back for a limited time right now, offering some of its fan-favorite dishes for delivery and takeout through Grubhub.
Anyone can watch the Facebook Live tutorial and learn a thing or two, but if you want to stuff hand rolls with Nakashima, you should buy a sushi kit that includes ingredients to make three different kinds of hand rolls packed with tuna, salmon and yellowtail. Priced at $30 per person, the kit also includes edamame guacamole (arguably one of the restaurant's most popular dishes), Asian salad, and passion fruit pot de crème for dessert. Order your sushi starter kit by Tuesday, April 21 at noon, then pick it up at Shaw's Crab House between 11am and 5:30pm on April 22.
And hey, if you'd rather watch Nakashima make hand rolls while enjoying a feast that someone else prepared, some of the best sushi restaurants in Chicago are now offering delivery and takeout.
Most popular on Time Out
- If you have coronavirus symptoms, you’re now eligible for testing in Illinois
- How to get house plants delivered to your doorstep during the shutdown
- Top Chicago chefs Stephanie Izard, Abe Conlon and Joe Flamm are cooking live on Instagram
- The Shedd Aquarium’s live cam is equal parts relaxing and mesmerizing
- Chicago will begin enforcing a curfew on liquor sales while the ‘stay-at-home’ order is in effect