Have an insatiable appetite for ice cream and an extra-large freezer at home? You're the target audience for the latest offering from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, which is now delivering three-gallon buckets (the equivalent of 24 pints) of its various creative flavors from the chain's Chicago scoop shops.
The 10-inch by 10-inch buckets contain roughly 60 scoops of ice cream, which should be enough to keep even the most enthusiastic ice cream devotee sated for at least a week or two. The buckets can be ordered online from Jeni's scoop shops in the West Loop, Wrigleyville, Wicker Park and Old Town, with flavor options varying based on location. Each bucket is accompanied by a special cooler that will keep the contents frozen during delivery—and until you can clear out some space in your freezer.
As you might expect, three gallons of gourmet ice cream isn't cheap—this frozen dessert motherload will cost you $200, though shipping is free and you're saving $88 compared to buying an equivalent volume of Jeni's pints. And if you really want to turn your kitchen into a fancy ice cream parlor, you can complement your bulk order of Brambleberry Crisp or Darkest Chocolate with a set of 10 Jeni's tasting spoons ($20) or some Buttercrisp Waffle Wedges ($2).
We'll let you go measure your freezer now...
Most popular on Time Out
- These notable Chicago restaurants and bars have now permanently closed
- Lakeshore Drive-In brings live music to a parking lot near Adler Planetarium
- This group delivers fresh produce and everyday necessities to underserved Chicago neighborhoods
- The 10 most amazing treehouse rentals near Chicago
- Check out photos of the Derecho storm that rolled through Chicago