Our editors had plenty of favorites amongst Logan Square's restaurants, bars and attractions, but we wanted to hear what residents had to say about their neighborhood haunts. We reached out to aldermen, chefs and other notable Logan Square locals and asked them to provide us with a list of their favorite things in the 'hood they call home.
RECOMMENDED: Our complete Logan Square guide
Jared Van Camp's top nine
Chef, Nellcôte and Old Town Social
"Lula Cafe is my favorite place in Logan. It's the best neighborhood restaurant in America."
Kate Hamilton's top eight
Founder and publisher, LoganSquarist
"One of my favorite things about Logan is the vast diversity of its residents."
1. The boulevards
2. Gluten free dining at Cafe Con Leche, Brown Sack and L'Patron
3. Cocktails at Parson's Chicken & Fish and Paladar
4. Beer at Revolution Brewing
5. The diversity of the neighborhood
6. Small businesses like Shop 1021 and Fleur
7. Galleries like Beauty and Brawn Art Gallery, Comfort Station and Gallerie F
8. Art organizations like I Am Logan Square, the South Logan Arts Coalition and AnySquared
Mickey Neely's top ten
"I was kind of mad the first time I walked into Cellar Door Provisions because it's my dream restaurant."
2. Whirlaway Lounge
3. Cellar Door Provisions
4. Brunch at Fat Rice
5. Bucket o' Blood Books and Records
6. Slippery Slope
7. Impala Sound Champions
8. Longman & Eagle
9. Lula Cafe
10. Go Tavern and Liquors
Zach Long's top ten
Associate editor, Time Out Chicago
"Forget about deep dish. I'd rather grab a slice (or two) at Dante's Pizzeria."