Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
HOW TO ENTER
This competition (the "Competition") is organised by Time Out Digital Limited ("Time Out") in association with Air New Zealand ("Air New Zealand") and Visit California ("Visit California"). We want you to send us a description of what your California dream is in 100 words or less (the "Entry"). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/california, between 24 April 2015 and 5 May 2015 for your chance to be selected to win a trip to California, where you will take on the role of Time Out’s overseas correspondent, accompanied by a video producer who will be documenting your journey, and you will be writing copy for the magazine based on an itinerary prepared by Air New Zealand and Visit California.
The prize flights must be redeemed on the stated date below. The dates of the flights are non-flexible. The Winner is responsible for any additional expenses, including transportation to and from the airport and all incidental expenses and insurance.
HOW IT WORKS
After the end of the Competition, a panel of judges composed of representatives from Time Out (the "Panel of Judges") will select their favourite Entry from the submissions. Once on the trip, the winner will be required to partake in the itinerary as provided by Visit California Tourism Board and produce copy for Time Out magazine.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Competition begins at 12.15am on April 24 2015 (the "Start Date"). Competition closes at 11.45pm on May 5 2015 (the “End Date”).
2. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 21, except employees of Time Out, Air New Zealand or Visit California.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the "Rules"). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty-free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange your Entry where appropriate to appear in print or online.
6. The winners will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before May 8 2015.
7. There is one prize package to give away. The prize draw will be determined by the Panel of Judges, whereby their favourite Entry will be selected from all entries. The prize package includes Economy return flights from London Heathrow on 17 May 2015 - 24 May 2015 plus six nights' accommodation for one adult, on a bed and breakfast basis. The prize also includes 5 days travel around the state of California on an itinerary planned by Visit California and Air New Zealand (the ‘Prize Package’).
8. The winner must be aged 21 or over and have a valid passport and ESTA for travel.
9. The winner must cover their own expenses for travel to and from London Heathrow and other expenses not included in the Prize Package.
10. All entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
11. The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
12. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Time Out, Air New Zealand and Visit California will not accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the writer of the Entry. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the writer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
13. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
14. The Prize Package will be provided by Air New Zealand and Visit California (the “Prize Package Provider”).
15. The winning Entry will be chosen by the Panel of Judges based on editorial value of the Entry.
16. The Winner will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their Entry. Winners may be asked to provide identification. Winners not contactable or who fail to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
17. The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating for which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by 5 June 2015.
18. The Panel of Judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
20. The Prize Package is subject to the Air New Zealand and Visit California Terms and Conditions available at the following website: http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-timeout-promotion.
21. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out's own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
22. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out, Air New Zealand and Visit California reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
23. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or Air New Zealand and/or Visit California and which prevents Time Out and/or Air New Zealand and/or Visit California from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor Air New Zealand nor Visit California will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
24. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
26. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and Air New Zealand.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Air New Zealand return flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles, departing Sunday 17 May 2015 and returning Sunday 24 May 2015.
2. The winner will fly on the 'Economy Skycouch' between London Heathrow and Los Angeles and in 'Economy' between Los Angeles and London Heathrow.
3. Six nights' accommodation.
4. The winner will be provided with a daily US Dollar amount to spend which will cover food and expenses. Accommodation, excursions and travel are covered by Air New Zealand and Visit California.
5. The Prize Package is subject to the Air New Zealand and Visit California Terms and Conditions available at the following website: http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-timeout-promotion.