HOW TO ENTER
This competition is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”) in association with Air New Zealand (“Air New Zealand”) and the NDL Group (“NDL”). We want you to answer the multiple choice question correctly to be in with a chance of winning (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/california between 12 May 2015 and 30 June 2015 for your chance to be selected to win a once in a lifetime trip to California (the “Competition”).
HOW IT WORKS
Complete your Entry by answering the multiple choice question correctly. The correct answers will be entered into a random ballot from which one winner will be drawn. Submit your Entry by filling out the entry form found at www.timeout.com/california between 12 May 2015 and 30 June 2015 for your chance to be selected to win a trip for you and a friend to California (the “Competition”).
The prize includes return flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles for two people as well as car hire for the duration of the trip, 5 nights in a hotel in central Los Angeles and 3 nights in a hotel in San Diego all on a bed and breakfast basis.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 12:15am on 12 May 2015 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11:45pm on 30 June 2015 (the “End Date”).
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 21, except employees of Time Out and Air New Zealand.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out a royalty free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
6. The winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email by 6 July 2015.
7. The winner will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the correct answers.
8. The prize package includes:
* Return Air New Zealand flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles for two people;
* 7 day car hire for the duration of the trip;
* 5 nights’ accommodation at a centrally located 4 star hotel in Los Angeles;
* 3 nights’ accommodation at a centrally located 4 star hotel in San Diego;
* ESTA's for two people;
* Breakfast allowance each day; and
* Travel insurance;
(together, the “Prize Package”).
9. The winner and their plus one must be aged 21 or over and have a valid passport.
10. The winner must cover their own expenses for travel to and from London Heathrow and other expenses not included in the Prize Package.
11. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
12. The Winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
13. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Neither Time Out nor Air New Zealand will accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the writer of the Entry. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the writer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
14. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
15. The Prize Package will be provided by NDL and Air New Zealand.
16. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them by Time Out will be disqualified. They thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
17. The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating which competition you would like the winner’s details for, to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2015.
18. Time Out’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
20. The Prize Package is subject to the Air New Zealand Terms and Conditions available at the following website: http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-timeout.
21. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
22. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and Air New Zealand reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
23. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or Air New Zealand and which prevents Time Out and/or Air New Zealand from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor Air New Zealand will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
24. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
26. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and Air New Zealand.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
27. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and USA).
28. Flights and car hire will be provided by Air New Zealand.
29. For all US trips, UK Passport holders must hold a valid ESTA (electronic tourist visa) from the US Embassy, which can be applied for a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel. Anyone not holding an ESTA will be deported from the USA upon arrival without exception. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with the ESTA visa requirements of the United States of America. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and NDL cannot be held responsible for this being rejected.
30. Hotel will be classed as a minimum of 3 star and is based on two people sharing a twin or double room (winner’s choice) with ensuite bathroom on a bed and breakfast basis. At least one guest must be over the age of 21. Breakfast will be based on a $20.00USD allowance per person per day.
31. Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
32. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of winning, as determined by Time Out.
33. The Air New Zealand terms and conditions can be found at the following website: http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-timeout.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now