Known for his complicated sculptures that have the appearance of machines, east London-based artist Conrad Shawcross isn’t one to shy away from a challenge. So when the Director of Camden’s iconic Roundhouse contacted him last year to create a site-specific work, Shawcross jumped at the chance.
Taking its inspiration from the 24 columns in the main space, ‘Timepiece’ has transformed the building into an immersive clock installation. We caught up with Shawcross ahead of the opening to talk about this awe-inspiring piece that will turn everyone into their own gnomon (that’s the spike of a sundial to you and me).
London Print Studio
A print and graphic design studio and gallery in west London that hosts workshops – from lithography to inkjet printing – and exhibitions.
West Kilburn Buy tickets
You might also like
- Bill Woodrow interview: 'It was life imitating art'
- Armando Iannucci talks 'The Death of Stalin'
- Meryl Streep on feminism, family and playing Pankhurst in ‘Suffragette’
- Quentin Tarantino interview: ‘I don’t want to be the guy doing this forever’
- Grayson Perry interview: 'I find drawing in front of the telly very therapeutic'