Thanks to the Thames lapping against its wall and the resulting busy tourist trade, this place is something of a local landmark. Built in 1837 and regally restored in 1968, it feels more historic than it is, with photographs of maritime scenes and portraits of braided admirals aiding the illusion; there are rooms named after Nelson, Hardy and Howe.
In fact, the place is huge: downstairs alone there are five spaces, in addition to the side terrace guarded by a statue of Horatio. The very end space looks quite contemporary, but everything else here is visitor-pleasing traditional.
The food menu is classic pub fare, so expect fish and chips, burgers, bangers and mash with onion gravy, wild mushroom risotto and pork belly with mustard mash and honey-glazed carrots. Bottled beers include Peroni, Sol and Heineken.