It's a popular misconception that London is a bustling global metropolis with a population of over 8 million. But in fact, it's simply a twee-as-fuck village consisting purely of cobbled streets and charming attractions. These photos prove our point.
1) All the museums are tiny:
2) The streets are all small:
3) The village garden is well turned out:
4) And the local pub is ridiculously pretty:
5) There are pretty little cottages:
6) Winding roads everywhere:
7) A sweet local greengrocer:
8) Wide open spaces are never far away:
© Mark, Flickr
9) There are colourful facades:
10) Street stalls:
11) The two main modes of transport are VINTAGE CAR:
12) Your choice of colour, of course:
13) Alternatively, travel by vintage bicycle:
14) Or horse!1!!!
15) The one phone box is also an itty-bitty library:
16) Old pianos become giant flowerpots:
17) JUST LOOK AT THIS BISCUIT SHOP.
18) Get a load of this #wisteria.
19) You might live here:
20) Or here:
21) Or down here:
22) Or over here:
23) This place:
24) Here's the church:
25) And finally, here's the supposedly mighty river that runs through town:
For endless village-y London visuals, follow @prettycitylondon or @mewsingsLDN – not forgetting @TimeOutLondon, too!