There's been a Bake Off-shaped hole in our lives since the last series wrapped up. After all, there are very few TV shows that combine cake, high drama and a whole lot of casual innuendo with such ease. Obviously we can't wait to watch the first episode of the new series tonight – here are eight things we're most excited about.
1. The squirrels
Remember this guy?
2. Meeting all the usual suspects
You know the drill - there's the bearded one, the mumsy one, the young one and the geeky one. But can there ever be another Norman?
3. Mary Berry's strong choice of jackets
We sure hope we're that chic at 80 years old.
4. Paul Hollywood's cryptic comments
He's a true master of treading the fine line between compliment and insult.
5. Trying to guess who'll go first
Hint: it's probably the one covered in icing sugar and weeping into their crème anglais.
6. The drama
One word: #BinGate
7. Mel and Sue's ability to make an innuendo out of anything
8. And finally... ALL OF THE CAKE
The new series of 'The Great British Bake Off' starts tonight on BBC One at 8pm.
In the meantime, feast your eyes on the best bakeries in London.