LG has polled the nation to find out Brits’ fave Christmas locations in the UK. With London's very own picturesque Somerset House ice rink featuring in the top five (alongside Edinburgh Castle and Christmas market, the Eden Project and Manchester Christmas Market), LG teamed up with London Instagrammer @Elensham to capture more of the capital’s festive locations using LG’s flagship smartphone the LG G4.
Over to you Elena:
I very much enjoy capturing London at any time of the year. But when days start getting shorter and Christmas decorations are on the city changes in an instant. I find myself running around like a happy kid trying to capture all the best bits of holidaying in London!
There are so many places to look for signs of Christmas! Oxford and Regent Street are always the most popular ones but there's so much more than that.
One of my favourite hidden gems is the Christmas tree in Leadenhall Market. I go there every year and it never disappoints.
Inspired to get out there and start snapping? Here's my top tips to get Instagram-worthy photos on the LG G4:
· Make sure the camera has focused before you shoot – the G4 has a Laser Auto Focus feature which helps you get the right shot
· Turn the grid on to help you keep the horizon line straight
· Look for leading lines, repetition of patterns and shapes
· You do not always have to use manual mode to take great photos, auto mode is great for shooting during day light, although at night, I recommend using manual mode as it gives more control
· The f/1.8 aperture lens on the G4 helps let in light even in low-light conditions
· If you want to freeze the motion, increase shutter speed
· To create ghostly looking silhouettes, decrease shutter speed
· And most important – have fun shooting!
All images shot on the LG G4. Find out more at www.lg.com/uk/mobile-phones/g4. Share your own Christmassy London pics with #capturingchristmas.