The Red Bull Air Race World Championship flies into Ascot on August 13 and 14. This is a family day out like no other. Here are five damn good reasons why you should go check it out.
1. The Red Bull Air Race is the ultimate motorsport in the sky – 14 of the world’s most talented pilots negotiating a low-altitude flying course of sharp turns and narrow air gates at speeds over 400kph, in high-performance acrobatic planes.
2. Across two adrenalin-fuelled days there’s a chance to check out air racing’s rising talents as they take on the Challenger Cup and then watch the nail-biting, high-speed action of the Master Class pack to see who will win the fifth leg of the 2016 Red Bull Air Race World Championship. Next stop, Lausitzring, Germany.
3. There’s action on the ground too: BMX dirt rider Kye Forte’s uniquely designed Mobile Biking set-up of big jumps and awesome tricks; Dougie Lampkin popping wheelies and showcasing the skills that have made him a 12-times World Trials Champion; and street trials ace Danny MacAskill performing his Drop and Roll Tour live show and proving why he’s the most-viewed sportsman on YouTube.
4. This is the only chance to experience first hand the thrill of the Red Bull Air Race Championship in the UK in 2016 and it’s happening just west of London, at Ascot race course – 50 minutes by South West Trains from London Waterloo or an easy drive (car parking £10/day).
5. It’s £30 for a standard ticket and just £75 for a family ticket – incredible value. There’s so much for all the family to see and do. Come along and share in the excitement of watching some of the biggest talents in modern sport pushing their skills to the max .
Go to www.ascot.co.uk/airrace now to find out more and to book tickets.