In honour of noodle month (it's a thing, get over it), here are five reasons to love my personal favourite: udon
1. Because you’re so over ramen.
2. Because a bowl of udon is like a bowl of fat, albino worms. Chewy and satisfying.
3. Because it’s foot-pulled. That’s right people, the dough is too solid to knead and pull by hand, so it’s traditionally done by foot.
4. Because it’s actually got its own movie (‘Udon’, a Japanese language coming-of-age flick about a struggling young comedian who reconnects with his humble noodle-making dad via udon. Yup, I’ve seen it.)
5. Because you can eat udon hot or cold. Or wet. Or dry. It’s almost as versatile as a Bird’s Eye potato waffle.Share the story