On Saturday night a quaint, Grade II-listed landmark came face-to-face with a raving, electro-dancehall mastermind – it was the night that Diplo and his Major Lazer crew stormed Alexandra Palace. Along with DJ/producer wizards Jillionaire and Walshy Fire, the trio are out touring their collab-happy third album, 'Peace is the Mission', and Ally Pally marked the US outfit's biggest London show to date with a whopping 7,300 people daggering in unison. Time Out was among that rowdy number and here's what we witnessed.
1. In the style of the Flaming Lips's Wayne Coyne, Diplo has acquired his own massive ball to roam over the crowd in.
2. There were bubble butts on display, even if they were virtual.
3. Craaaaig David made a guest appearance for 'Fill Me In' and Diplo dubbed him a 'legend'.
4. When Walshy Fire gets topless, everyone gets topless.
5. In the end, peace was well and truly the mission.