Londoners like to moan about delays on the tube, but it turns out things aren't much better above ground, either. The Department of Transport has revealed the ten slowest roads in the UK – and guess what? Every single one is in London.
The study looked at the average speed of traffic during morning rush hour on A-roads across the UK in 2015 and found that the joint slowest roads were the A407 Cricklewood Lane westbound in Barnet and the A2203 Blackwall Lane northbound in Greenwich, where drivers were crawling along at an average speed of 3.8 miles per hour. So while London is a fast-paced city, our transport has clearly got some serious catching up to do.
Here's the full top ten list:
1. Blackwall Lane, A2203, Northbound: 3.8mph
2. Cricklewood Lane, A407, Westbound: 3.8mph
3. Tottenham Court Road, A400, Northbound: 3.9mph
4. Roehampton Lane, A306, Northbound: 4mph
5. Old Street, A5201, Westbound: 4.1mph
6. A3320, Northbound: 4.3mph
7. Commercial Street, A1202, Soundbound: 4.3mph
8. Great Eastern Street, A1202, Eastbound: 4.5mph
9. A306, Eastbound: 4.7mph
10. High Holborn, A40, Westbound: 4.8mph