The designs for London's new Crossrail stations were released last week, and although they're nice enough, they arguably lack a certain... Instagramability.
Not so with these subterranean stunners from cities around the world. Perhaps for Crossrail 2, each station could shamelessly steal a different look from each, creating a sort of underground Epcot for trainspotters? Just imagine the #crossrailselfies it would generate! Take a look...
1) Paris's steampunk Arts et Metiers station.
2) Moscow's fab Komsomolskaya station.
3) Naples' glittering Toledo station.
4) Munich's gorgeously peaceful Westfriedhof subway station.
5) And its spacey Am Hart stop, too.
6) St. Petersburg's grand Avtovo station.
7) Stockholm's gorgeous T-Centralen.
8) OK, its Solna station too.
9) And Stadion station! What a beaut.
10) Kaohsiang's Formosa Boulevard.
11) Tashkent's (it's in Uzbekistan) dramatic Alisher Navoi Metro station.
12) Paris's (replica!) art-filled Louvre-Rivoli station, below the gallery.
13) Toronto's similarly themed Museum station.
14) Budapest's mosaic-y Szent Gellértstation.
15) And finally, Shanghai's psychedelic Bund Tunnel.
OK, it's not technically on the metro. It's literally for tourists. But still!