Time Out says
The Curzon Mayfair is the only cinema where Time Out has ever been told off by a fellow moviegoer for eating popcorn too loudly. Which just goes to show what a classy venue this grade II listed cinema is. The bigger of its two screens is a beauty – a 307-seater still in possession of its two original Royal Boxes. The smaller screen is a snug 65-seater. The programme is as brilliant as you'd expect from the Curzon group, a mix of arthouse films, live events and docs, while the bar is suitably stocked with fancy snacks and wines.
38 Curzon St
|Price:||£12-£16.50; £8-£14 reductions|
|Do you own this business?|
- A pure adrenaline hit of a movie that takes place mostly in the lethal glare of daylight, Sam Mendes’s stunning, sorta-single-take ‘1917’ hits its greatest heights when darkness falls. A single British tommy dusts himself off from a glancing wou...Read more
- The famously press-shy director won’t be discussing it anytime soon, but Terrence Malick must have been stung by the shrugs that have greeted his recent films. As blasphemous as it sounds, his triptych of ruminations on love and relationships – ‘K...Read more
- Greta Gerwig has directed only two films that are solely her own but she’s already become a brand. That’s in evidence within the first five minutes of ‘Little Women’, a huggably self-deprecating take on the Louisa May Alcott classic. Brashly confi...Read more
- Fred Rogers captivated generations of America’s kids with his TV show ‘Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood’. He didn’t sugar-coat things, coaxing his young viewers through even the tough stuff like Vietnam and civil rights. Imagine Andi Peters presenting ...Read more
- It’s valuable, I suppose, when a filmmaker ‘discovers’ the novels of Charles Dickens to be so much funnier, fresher and more modern than assumed. But is it churlish to wish that the discovery had been made by anyone but director Armando Iannucci? ...Read more
Users say (3)
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...