Caught out in Croydon on a rainy day? There’s nothing better than curling up in front of a huge screen to help pass the time. Vue Croydon Grant’s ten screen-cinema shows all the latest releases with two screens set up for 3D viewings.
|Venue name:||Croydon Grants Vue|
14 High St
|Transport:||East Croydon rail|
|Do you own this business?|
- Superheroes save the world on a regular basis, but their movies aren’t nearly as courageous: For every ingenious ‘Black Panther’ that departs from the billion-dollar formula, you get ten timid time-wasters. ‘Captain Marvel’, the Marvel Cinematic U...Read more
- ‘The Hustle’ takes a perfectly fine premise from ‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ – two predatory men get played by a savvier woman – and obliterates it by swapping genders and ultimately selling out its feminist credibility. Initially, the thrust of thi...Read more
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is exactly the kind of horror movie that is ripe for remaking. The 1989 version of Stephen King’s creepy novel is fairly well remembered, but it’s far from a classic, not even the cult kind. You can reinvent it without really annoyi...Read more
- Taking the old-fashioned highs of an MGM musical and pairing them with the deep lows of an addiction drama, ‘Rocketman’ is a turbo-charged rock fantasia that pushes hard against the boundaries of the medium as it zips through the first four decade...Read more
- Review by Joshua Rothkopf If you’re looking for the scariest horror movies of recent years, they’ve been lurking in the shadows: ‘Hereditary’, ‘The Babadook’, ‘The Witch’, ‘The Eyes of My Mother’ and the arrestingly weird ‘Suspiria’ are all the p...Read more
- The Tolkien estate has pre-emptively ‘disavowed’ this biopic of fantasy great JRR Tolkien – a fancy way of letting the world know that it was made without any official help and basically boo-sucks to the filmmakers. There’ll be few regrets when it...Read more
- Strip away its poppy Viking folklore and state-of-the-art animation and the ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ franchise has always boiled down satisfyingly to a simple riff on a ‘Black Stallion’-like tale of a boy and his scaly pal. So the prospect of Be...Read more
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...